Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Blue Eyes

Through this maze of anguish I wonder alone,
Turning round corners of hedge and jagged stone.
Cold darkness and fog shadow my vision,
They cause my mind stress and indecision.
Twisting left and right thru this torturing maze,
Questions and doubt set my mind ablaze.
For when it seems all Hell has set her attack,
I realize that the demons where just holding back.
For now their wrath has been opened full force,
And sorrow is unleashed when I see the true source.
Because not by a foe or some evil was this brought,
But by a greater power, more than any juggernaut.
This invasion was unexpected and caught me by surprise.
Because I never thought betrayal came with blue eyes.

By: Matthew Stephen Norton
This was older writing, but I wanted to post it again.

1 comment:

  1. So powerful brother. How often do we see the hands pulling the rug out from under us; and how much harder the fall is when the hands that brought our fall were the ones sworn to catch us! I can relate to this. It is beautifully written!

    ReplyDelete